When you want to make your bathroom beautiful for years to come, it’s the finishing touches that you add that matter. This includes the finishes that you pick for your bathroom’s fixtures. Thankfully, you have a wide variety of options to consider, allowing you to pick the one that suits your bathroom the most.
Read on as Impact Home Solutions, the pros who offer a reasonable shower replacement cost, lists eight bathroom fixture finishes that homeowners can consider.
- Chrome – This kind of finish is the one that’s commonly seen in bathrooms. This is because it’s the most popular variant as not only does it work with all homestyles but it’s also an affordable option and is very easy to maintain. However, keep in mind that chrome can show water spots and fingerprints, meaning it needs to be wiped frequently to maintain its appearance.
- Brushed Nickel – Like chrome, brushed nickel works with most styles of decor and is very easy to clean and maintain. However, it doesn’t go well with stainless steel so if it’s a common material in your remodeling project, you may want to consider another finish.
- Polished Nickel – Again, this kind of finish works with almost every kind of design and decor without making maintenance and cleaning difficult. Unfortunately, despite these advantages, polished nickel comes with a few downsides. For instance, it’s a bit more costly to install compared to the aforementioned finishes and like brushed nickel, it can be hard to match to stainless steel.
- Polished Brass – If you want a vintage look for your bathroom, consider having your bathroom remodeler use polished brass for your finish. But keep in mind that while it may be durable, polished brass can also be a bit costly and may not match well with the other decor of your bathroom.
- Oil Rubbed Bronze – This finish has been popular since the late 90s and often goes well with traditional homes. Compared to the other finishes, its advantage is that it’s easy to match and won’t show any water spotting. Unfortunately, it can also be costly to use as a finish for your bathroom.
- Copper – Want something that can help clean itself? Then consider a copper finish for your bathroom fixtures. Not only does it provide a beautiful look but it also has a natural antibacterial property. Despite this, however, it can still be a high-maintenance option compared to other finishes.
- Satin Brass – On the other hand, if you want something that suits modern, contemporary and traditional bathrooms, then satin brass is your best bet. Its advantages lie in the fact that it doesn’t show any watermarks or fingerprints. The downside, however, is that it can be difficult to find.
- Satin Bronze – For a mediterranean look, experts recommend the satin bronze bathroom finish. According to professionals, it’s durable and doesn’t show any water spots but like satin brass, it can be costly and difficult to find on the market.
Need someone to answer your “do I need a new shower?” question? Look no further than Impact Home Solutions. When it comes to shower and tub replacement services, we are the leading professionals to approach and you can count on us! Give us a call at (502) 641-1023 or fill out our contact form to get a free estimate.